[OpenAFS] Starting OpenAFS on FC2/OpenSSI

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Fri, 01 Jul 2005 11:16:28 -0500

>Are you having a problem getting it to work, or are you just worried by
>a message you saw?

Hi Jeffrey,

It looks like I have a problem getting it to work.
This is what I get to see when I try to start AFS:

[root@oort init.d]# ./afs start
Hmm...  I can't seem to find an AFS kernel module suitable for your
Linux
kernel.  That means you will need to build or obtain a suitable module.
The following information may be of some use in obtaining assistance:
CPU Type:       1586.intel.4
Linux version:  2.4.22-1.2199.nptl_ssi_9smp #1 SMP Sun May 15 16:44:47
BST 2005
RedHat release: Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang)
Symbol versions:
  highmem_start_page smp_eb99ba48
  highmem_start_page smp_eb99ba48
  iget4_locked smp_0d2b2ce6
  sock_create smp_855a9d74
  sock_create smp_855a9d74
Did not find matching module in SymTable
AFS module /usr/vice/etc/modload/libafs-2.4.22-1.2199.nptl_ssi_9smp.mp.o
does not exist. Not starting AFS.

Now, since I never had to build a libafs,  how do I build one for this
kernel version ?

thanks,

Ron