[OpenAFS] Documetation for asetkey and aklog

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:12:55 -0700

There's a couple of docbook texts available but I'm out of time until
winter.

It would be advisable to investigate converting the IBM.htm directly into
docbook xml. The trouble with the Latex conversion is the reserved
characters (# . \ etc) in the htm don't map cleanly into Latex.

I suspect that docbook will never produce typeset pdf documents as
professional as Latex but the html should be acceptable. Knuth's Tex
algorithms are still the best.

Regarding Latex->html, the latex2html converter produces unacceptable
output, tth does much better but is licensed.

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Esther Filderman
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 9:56 AM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org; openafs-doc@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Documetation for asetkey and aklog

The html that the latex is putting out is not very clean.  I'm looking at
DocBook [or will finish doing so once my dead AFS server is revived
-- oh the irony!] as a possibilty.  If it passes muster [mainly, can it put
out clean output AND be easy enough to use] I'll look into converting your
Latex into DocBook.

If it's evil, we may stick with Latex.