[OpenAFS] afs directory

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Sat, 09 Jul 2005 23:11:35 -0400

At 04:45 PM 7/9/2005, you wrote:
>Is there a method for finding, or list of, the contents of public afs cells?

I'm not sure what you mean.  If you mean simply to perform a "dir /s /b"
(windows speak), or "ls -al" (unix speak) of any AFS cell, then yes, it is
quite simple.  You just go to "www.openafs.org" and install the OpenAFS
client for your operating system.  All AFS cells that aren't behind
firewalls are public, at least if the organizations running the cells have
published their cell server addresses in the CellServDB (included with the
OpenAFS client).  Once you have your OpenAFS client working and an AFS cell
is mounted, then you should be able to use "dir" or "ls" to look inside any
cell.  However you won't be able to "see" anything you aren't authorized to
see.  You will only be able to list and open the contents of directories
that have "system:anyuser rl"  (rl -short for read, look).

>Where can I find the current krb-afs source code within the afs network?

AFS and Kerberos 5 are separate code bases, and neither is "in" the AFS
network.  You can find the source code for AFS at "www.openafs.org".  You
can find MIT's Kerberos client and server source code
at  http://web.mit.edu/network/kerberos-form.html

Hope this helped.

Rodney