[OpenAFS] afs directory

Michael Norwick mnorwick@centurytel.net
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:25:50 -0500

ted creedon wrote:

>If you fire up a windows client with the default CellServDB you should see
>all those afs cells when you click on the mapped drive in explorer.
>
>After a while, that is. Ditto for linux.
>
>tedc

To quote Guns and Roses, "I believe what we have here is a failure to
communicate".  Okay,
1.  I don't do windows
2.  I do have AFS clients and servers working both from RPM's and compiled.
3.  I do have kerberos authentication enabled, set-up and working by my
lonesome self.
4.  Other rants about being a self-made man that you don't have time
for.....
5.  I have no issues with AFS itself, things are just fine.
6.  Rather than spend hours searching AFS archives WITHIN AFS, is there
a more timely
     sequence of events I can perform to find files within the GREATER
AFS filespace, i.e.
     AFS DIRECTORY/YELLOW PAGES/GOOGLE for AFS???
7.  If I have to ftp or google to find a file on some .edu server what
the heck do I need
     AFS for???

Thank you for your kind responses,

Michael