[OpenAFS] PAM issues

Sir Clark Frazier Hale I xlark@sdf.lonestar.org
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 02:13:31 -0400

Madhusudan Singh wrote:
> Hi
>
> 	I am trying to install an openafs server (well, trying to configure it) as a
> MIT kerberos 5 client (authentication in a realm other than the cell name) on
> a Slackware 10.1 machine running kernel 2.4.29. Well, Slack does not include
> PAM, so I installed it after installing openafs and kerberos 5. However, I do

I'm sure there is a way to get AFS login working besides PAM, but I
don't know it.

You may want to do a search for Dropline GNOME.  It's a GNOME
distribution for Slackware, that also adds PAM support to Slackware.
You could potentially use the PAM & associated packages from Dropline.

Once you have PAM installed, the autoconf scripts for MIT Kerberos and
OpenAFS should built their respective PAM modules.

HTH

Clark

--
Sir Clark Frazier Hale I