[OpenAFS] [FOR TESTING] OpenAFS 1.3.85 RPMs for RHEL4 (i386, x86_64)

Christopher Allen Wing wingc@engin.umich.edu
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:13:43 -0400 (EDT)

I updated the RHEL4 RPMs to the 1.3.85 release.

I made the following changes:

 	- since it appears to be under active development now, I packaged
 	  the aklog from the openafs source, instead of the one from the
 	  afs-krb5 migration kit.
 	- tweak the module version matching script to prefer modules for
 	  kernels with the same 'major release' number

I also included the patch from CVS to remove the debugging printk() from
the kernel module. (linux-dynamic-inodes-20050713)

You can download the 1.3.85 packages for i386 and x86_64 from:

 	http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/openafs/dist/1.3.85

Note that the pam_krb5 module in RHEL4 is defective and will not work
properly with AFS in many circumstances. I have entered bug reports and
patches in bugzilla but Red Hat has not acted upon any of them. In the
mean time you can download fixed pam_krb5 RPMs for i386 and x86_64 from
here:

 	http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wingc/openafs/pam_krb5/2.1.2-1.fixed

I would especially be interested to know what people think of these
packages; would these be suitable as a starting point for 'official'
OpenAFS 1.4 RPMs?

Thanks,

Chris Wing
wingc@engin.umich.edu