[OpenAFS] OpenAFS-1.3.85 on Solars 10 Problem with pwd after rename of a directory

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:13:11 -0500

We are seeing a problem with OpenAFS-1.3.85 on Solaris 10
where /usr/bin/pwd fails.

Has anyone else seen this?

/usr/bin/pwd and csh use the getcwd() which truss shows is
failing with a #19:ENODEV (sh does something else with the
pwd command.)

We just installed the latest patches which did not help,
The kernel is now at 118822-02.

I turned in a bug report [19412] on June 20 against 1.3.81
and have not heard anything on it.

The following can be used for a test in an AFS directory:

  mkdir x
  mv x y
  cd y
  /usr/bin/pwd
pwd:cannot determine current directory!

I have tried recompiling the 1.3.85 and changing all the ENODEV
return codes to something else, which did not help. getcwd
still returned ENODEV.

Solaris 10 introduce the v_path into the vnode,
I thing it has something to do with this, or the new vnevent.

I have been looking at http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source
to see how getcwd and v_path are related.

Any ideas?

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory