[OpenAFS] OpenAFS-1.3.85 on Solars 10 Problem with pwd after rename of a directory

Rich Sudlow rich@nd.edu
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:40:55 -0500

Douglas E. Engert wrote:
> We are seeing a problem with OpenAFS-1.3.85 on Solaris 10
> where /usr/bin/pwd fails.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?
>
> /usr/bin/pwd and csh use the getcwd() which truss shows is
> failing with a #19:ENODEV (sh does something else with the
> pwd command.)
>
> We just installed the latest patches which did not help,
> The kernel is now at 118822-02.
>
> I turned in a bug report [19412] on June 20 against 1.3.81
> and have not heard anything on it.
>
> The following can be used for a test in an AFS directory:
>
>  mkdir x
>  mv x y
>  cd y
>  /usr/bin/pwd
> pwd:cannot determine current directory!

Seems to work here:

samson{rich}2: mkdir x
samson{rich}3: mv x y
samson{rich}4: cd y
samson{rich}5: /usr/bin/pwd
/afs/nd.edu/users/rich/y
samson{rich}6:

samson{rich}17: /usr/afsws/etc/rxdebug localhost 7001 -version
Trying 127.0.0.1 (port 7001):
AFS version:  OpenAFS 1.3.85 built  2005-07-14

I built this using Sun's Studio 10 compilers.

./configure --with-afs-sysname=sun4x_510 --enable-transarc-paths \
--enable-large-fileserver --enable-namei-fileserver

No changes made to OpenAFS code - Solaris 10 running on SPARC hardware
Patch 118822-02 is on the box (and probably was before I compiled...
but wouldn't swear to it.

Rich