[OpenAFS] Re: New Cell on debian with krb5 and afs-newcell script

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 15:32:42 -0700

Faheem Mitha <faheem@email.unc.edu> writes:

> Do you use the Debian packages, though? If so, can you tell me what
> documentation you used? I've been having some problems with the Debian
> scripts, and would be interested in hearing about other approaches that
> might prove more successful.

No one has still submitted a clear Debian bug specifying what they typed,
what happened, what they expected to have happen, and what error messages
they got.  It's really hard to fix the scripts without this sort of
information.  I know some of that has turned up in random mailing list
messages here, but not in a form that I've been able to easily extract.

(I'm hoping to find time to package the latest 1.3 version for Debian this
week.)