[OpenAFS] Re: New Cell on debian with krb5 and afs-newcell script

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 15:53:20 -0700

Faheem Mitha <faheem@email.unc.edu> writes:

> Yes, I intend to submit a detailed bug report about this as soon as I
> find time. At the moment, I've got people breathing down my neck to do
> something else.

> Bear in mind there are so many variables involved, that the bug report
> could turn into a protracted correspondence.

> Are you prepared to deal with this? Hopefully the result will be better
> scripts.

Yup, I'll try to deal with this.  I can't guarantee a really speedy
response time, but I do have a test environment that I can start using for
things like this.

> Note, that when I say I intend to submit a bug report, I really mean
> it. If you look at my archived Debian bug reports (under this email),
> you'll see I take bug reporting to Debian seriously. I've submitted
> several reports against the Debian AFS packages in the past, though
> against the client only. I've never tried to configure a server before.

Oh, I trust you on that -- there have just been several different reports
of problems and no one had yet had a chance to submit a bug report.

> However, I'm not sure how difficult it will be to get the scripts to
> work for me, hence the inquiry to the list. No offense intended.

No problem at all.  I can understand the concern.