[OpenAFS] oopses with openafs 1.3.83 and linux 2.4.31

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 17:58:41 -0400 (EDT)

Pruned linux-kernel. There's basically no point in copying them unless you
like hearing the same tired 'oh my god why are you doing xyz horrible
thing' unproductive comments.

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Dimitris Zilaskos wrote:

>        After moving to linux 2.4.31 and openafs
> 1.3.83 , I still get
> oopses once per day. Usually this causes the
> system to either freeze
> totally (only replies to ping) or all processes
> segfault. Exacly the same
> happened with 2.4.29 and 2.4.30 with openafs
> 1.3.82. With openafs 1.3.78
> the oopses occur usually after 10+ days uptime
> (dunno with 2.4.31 yet
> though,running it now)

There are at least 2 bugs in .83. Hopefully tonight's cvs
snapshot will have fixes. Or, wait for .84.