[OpenAFS] cache use topping out at around 3GB?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 07 Jun 2005 12:50:58 -0400

On Tuesday, June 07, 2005 12:34:34 PM -0400 Jim Rees <rees@umich.edu> wrote:

> You'd have been better off just taking the defaults.  Then you would have
> had 820000 files which would have been plenty.  Instead you limited
> yourself to 50000, not enough to hold all that data.
>
> I would suggest we remove the -files option from the linux rc script.
> 50000 is always going to be wrong.  Cacheblocks/10 (the default) is
> almost always going to be right.

I agree.  That was probably a reasonable limit to impose back before we had
the multi-level cache directory code, but it's just dumb today.  The
scripts should let afsd compute the number of files.