[OpenAFS] cache use topping out at around 3GB?

Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 16:21:17 -0400

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 12:34:34PM -0400, Jim Rees wrote:
> You'd have been better off just taking the defaults.  Then you would have
> had 820000 files which would have been plenty.  Instead you limited yourself
> to 50000, not enough to hold all that data.

Well, with the standard init script for Linux distributed from openafs.org,
that *is* the default.

> I would suggest we remove the -files option from the linux rc script.  50000
> is always going to be wrong.  Cacheblocks/10 (the default) is almost always
> going to be right.

Good to know -- I'll do that for my packages.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>