[OpenAFS] Documentation project comments

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:16:17 -0700

IBM.htm -> HTML is what was sent I n a tar file to open afs bugs.

Html will just be a bear to update if new items are added and need to be
indexed or hyperlinked. instance.

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Esther Filderman
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 12:08 PM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Documentation project comments

On 6/10/05, ted creedon <tcreedon@easystreet.com> wrote:
> For what its worth, I think html documentation with hyperlinks is not
> the best way to go. It just happened to get done first on the second
> round of conversions.

Yes, you've made your bias clear since you started this. While I sincerely
appreciate your effort, we MUST have documentation that's available online.
Requiring people to download giant postscript or pdf files to look up one
command is ludicrious.

Making things look pretty is fine, but they also have to be usable.
In the end, HTML is likely going to be the most used.