[OpenAFS] Documentation project comments

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:37:18 -0700

Here's what you won't have in the POD's:

1. Verbatim text - particularly multiline (very useful). The verbatim text
has multiple fonts and boldface to emphasize the point being made in the
text.
2. Hyperlinks
3. Color
4. Indexing and tables of contents
5. Any other feature Latex supports that POD doesn't (quite a few).
6. We will be dealing with POD, xdvi, pdf, html outputs. Long term we need
to figure out how to generate acceptable output from one set of latex files.

You can extract the appropriate text from the IBM.htm files by looking at
the included html2latex.pl and Latex.pm files and modifying accordingly.
Latex.pm builds a parse tree of the IBM.htm and emits from there. (Note: the
.xml setup file has been omitted, using __DATA__ at the end of the file
instead. In particular <ban foo /ban> turns off parsing of undesired <foo
xxxx /foo> fields.

One might also read the POD documentation - I removed it from the sources to
speed up editing - its in the perl release.

Suggest building a test case with the ReleaseNotes-3.6 directory as it the
smallest and has one of everything. If it looks good go with it.

E-mail directly with questions.

tedc