[OpenAFS] Documentation project comments

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 07:19:57 -0700

No offense here. I'll update my stuff when yours is available and post it.

Glad to get some help from a perl gu-ru.

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Russ Allbery
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2005 8:15 PM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Documentation project comments

ted creedon <tcreedon@easystreet.com> writes:

> Progress on a long forgotten front.

> If any material improvements to the text are made please forward so
> they can be incorporated..

I'm quite sure that improvements have been made to at least some of the
text; I know that I rewrote the pts man page in part.  Once this is
incorporated, quite a bit of change will start happening.

It's going to be really hard for you to keep the LaTeX in sync with the POD
for the reference manual.  I don't think it's a good idea to try to maintain
it in two formats.  I'm doing it in POD because that will generate Unix man
pages and LaTeX won't.

I'm really sorry to be tramping on something you've been working on, but
unfortunately converting the existing HTML reference manual to LaTeX does
basically nothing to solve the problems that I'm trying to get solved.