[OpenAFS] Documentation project comments

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 20:14:45 -0700

ted creedon <tcreedon@easystreet.com> writes:

> Progress on a long forgotten front.

> If any material improvements to the text are made please forward so they
> can be incorporated..

I'm quite sure that improvements have been made to at least some of the
text; I know that I rewrote the pts man page in part.  Once this is
incorporated, quite a bit of change will start happening.

It's going to be really hard for you to keep the LaTeX in sync with the
POD for the reference manual.  I don't think it's a good idea to try to
maintain it in two formats.  I'm doing it in POD because that will
generate Unix man pages and LaTeX won't.

I'm really sorry to be tramping on something you've been working on, but
unfortunately converting the existing HTML reference manual to LaTeX does
basically nothing to solve the problems that I'm trying to get solved.