[OpenAFS] Documentation project comments

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:41:05 -0400

On Friday, June 10, 2005 03:25:24 PM -0700 Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>
wrote:

> So that people know, if I write the man pages I'll write them all in POD,
> based initially on the web page reference manual, and then use pod2man to
> convert them to man pages.  One of the many pod2html converters can then
> also be used to convert them to web pages.  If anyone objects strongly to
> that approach, speak up now.

That sounds like a fine idea to me.  It's straightforward, easy to edit,
and can easily be converted to text, man pages, or html (or displayed to a
terminal, or just read in an editor).  Also, the tools are widely
available; most people have perl, and if you have perl, you have perldoc
and pod2man.

-- Jeff