[OpenAFS] Documentation project comments

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:55:35 -0700

Latex.pm will output any format you tell it to either via the xml in
__DATA__ or by editing it directly.

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Jeffrey Hutzelman
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 4:41 PM
To: Russ Allbery; openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Documentation project comments

On Friday, June 10, 2005 03:25:24 PM -0700 Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>
wrote:

> So that people know, if I write the man pages I'll write them all in
> POD, based initially on the web page reference manual, and then use
> pod2man to convert them to man pages.  One of the many pod2html
> converters can then also be used to convert them to web pages.  If
> anyone objects strongly to that approach, speak up now.

That sounds like a fine idea to me.  It's straightforward, easy to edit, and
can easily be converted to text, man pages, or html (or displayed to a
terminal, or just read in an editor).  Also, the tools are widely available;
most people have perl, and if you have perl, you have perldoc and pod2man.

-- Jeff