[OpenAFS] Residence Inn booking for OpenAFS conference

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:52:00 -0400

On Monday, June 13, 2005 04:23:57 PM -0400 Joseph H Vilas
<jhv@oit.duke.edu> wrote:

> Since the online booking for rooms at the Pittsburgh Oakland Residence
> Inn isn't working, I called the 800 number listed on their web page.
> The person I spoke with said there *were* rooms available, but I would
> have to go through someone at CMU to get the lower rate.  I thought
> about calling the hotel directly, but the person on the phone didn't
> seem to think that would help.  Any suggestions?  If I can't get the
> lower rate at the Residence Inn, the Holiday Inn indicated seems both
> closer and cheaper than the Residence Inn.

I'm not the person who made the arrangements with the hotels, but my
understanding is that there is some problem with the way the Residence Inn
set things up such that their national reservations system doesn't know
about this event.  So, it seems there's a pretty good chance that
contacting the hotel directly will make a difference, _if_ there are still
any rooms.

The Holiday Inn is indeed closer; however, the Residence Inn has a shuttle
that will take you to campus.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer