[OpenAFS] FSFS Subversion repository on OpenAFS 1.3.84 problems

Blake Atkins Blake.Atkins@scholarone.com
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:51:25 -0400

Thank you for your reply,

I am aware that Subversion originally, with it's BerkleyDB backend, would not
work on AFS.  I believe, however, that the FSFS (which is what we are using)
backend for Subversion was created so that the repository *could* be placed
on a networked filesystem such as SMB, NFS or AFS.

Some references below:

http://mit.edu/afs/athena/astaff/project/svn/
http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2004-04/1479.shtml

FSFS Subversion does appear to work perfectly when the repository is not
stored on AFS.

--Blake