[OpenAFS] FSFS Subversion repository on OpenAFS 1.3.84 problems

Mitch Collinsworth mitch@ccmr.cornell.edu
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:47:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 13:11 -0400, Mitch Collinsworth wrote:
>>
>> Really?  Our CVS seems to be working ok on AFS w/o any patches.
>> Now I'm curious.
>
> The only such patch I'm aware of concerns read-only checkouts from
> repositories in AFS:  since CVS wants to create lock files in the
> repository, without the patch you must have write access even to do a
> read-only checkout.  With the patch (which I think is incorporated into
> recent versions of CVS) the lockfiles can be placed in a globally
> writable directory (i.e. /tmp) and the repository doesn't need to be
> writable for read-only checkouts.
>
> The prinmary impetus for the patch was checkouts from repositories in
> AFS.

Sounds good.  It's been a while but looking at our config file it
looks like I worked around this by pointing LockDir to a writable
directory.  Or is this the patch you're talking about maybe?

-Mitch