Summary - Re: [OpenAFS] 1.3.79 on RHEL4?

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 01 Mar 2005 09:55:27 -0500

In message <Pine.LNX.4.61.0503011118290.9735@arwen.ifh.de>,Stephan Wiesand writ
es:
>And I'm still stuck with my first write on UP. Additional observations:

i have seen a somewhat similar problem on with a broken build on a
ia64.  rx was built without mutexes even though the machine was
SMP.  read were fine, but the occasional write would just hang forever.
on another ia64 the behavior was different -- crashes when reading the
rx_freePacketQueue.

while i havent gone back through the archives, i believe that have
been a rash of rx_freePacketQueue related crashes on 2.6 kernels only.
i suspect all of these are UP kernels with PREEMPT.

if PREEMPT is going to be able to interrupt a syscall i suspect
this is going to cause trouble.