[OpenAFS] Authentication with kaserver, Kerberos V, Windows client 1.3.77

Dr A V Le Blanc Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk>
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:09:10 +0000

We are trying to upgrade our old cell from using kaserver to using
Kerberos V for authentication.  The process is fairly straightforward
nowadays, but in our planning we ran into one snag.  A number of
local users are using both our cell and others, and the other cells
are all still using kaservers for authentication.

We found that the windows client 1.3.77 works with our existing
cell (kaserver), and if we install leash (MIT's Kerberos for
Windows, version 2.6.5), the same client works with our new (test)
cell.  But it stops working with our old cell and with non-Kerberos
V cells unless you uninstall leash.  Isn't it possible to get the
windows client to authenticate against both kaservers and
Kerberos V servers, for those people who will continue to need
access to both kinds of cell?

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk