[OpenAFS] AFS+RAID

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:05:43 -0800

I daresay the day it was written is a good speculation.

Use the obvious to those experienced in the art theory. (Eliminates the US
Patent Dept).

Tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Derrick J Brashear
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 4:00 PM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] AFS+RAID

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, John L. Capone wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am doing some research and am trying to determine what was the
> earliest time that an institution began to RAID with AFS.

So the question is, is he trying to get rid of a patent by proving prior
art, in which case, I hope someone is more helpful than I was (I got a
private email from him previously, and honestly, I have no idea), or just
trying to get money from another patent holder for his client, in which
case, well, hey, if you want to waste your time to help one company sue
another, go nuts.