[OpenAFS] AFS+RAID

John Hascall john@iastate.edu
Fri, 04 Mar 2005 18:17:35 CST

> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, John L. Capone <jcapone@c-m.com> wrote:
> > I am doing some research and am trying to determine what was the
> > earliest time that an institution began to RAID with AFS.
>
> So the question is, is he trying to get rid of a patent by proving prior
> art, ...

I would say this is a reasonable speculation.  John L. Capone appears
to be an attorney at Cesari and McKenna and quoting from www.c-m.com:

  Cesari and McKenna provides legal counseling and representation
  to clients ranging from individuals to multinational corporations,
  primarily in technology and trade matters. The firm concentrates
  primarily in intellectual property, including patents, copyrights,
  trademarks, and trade secrets.

As for his question, we did so in Oct of '92 (and I doubt we were the
first).

John