[OpenAFS] Failing to "cd /afs" after fresh install

Kristian kristian@hitech-sanita.it
Sun, 06 Mar 2005 17:39:58 +0100

Hi,

I've just finished setting up a new AFS server from source, but for some
strange reason I cannot seem to be able to gain admin privileges.

I have created user admin correctly and even after a successful "klog
admin" I do receive a (apparently) good token. Here's a runtime spool of
my attempts:

myhost:~# klog admin
Password:
myhost:~# tokens

Tokens held by the Cache Manager:

User's (AFS ID 1) tokens for afs@afs.mycell.it [Expires Mar  7 19:51]
   --End of list--
myhost:~# cd /afs/
-bash: cd: /afs/: Permission denied
myhost:~# fs setacl /afs system:administrators rlidwka
fs: You don't have the required access rights on '/afs'
myhost:~# fs setacl /afs system:anyuser rl
fs: You don't have the required access rights on '/afs'
myhost:~#

Furthermore, a "df" command correctly returns the 9GB bogus AFS
filespace mounted under /afs.

This is actually my second installation of an AFS server after a
successful one. Not sure if I did anything differently, but it must
be! :) What's going on? Any ideas?

--
Kristian