[OpenAFS] Re: RW replication

Esther Filderman Esther Filderman <mizmoose@gmail.com>
Sun, 6 Mar 2005 15:27:07 -0500

You can re-make RW volumes from RO volumes, but it is not as simple as
"pushing a button."

AFS's "redundancy point", as you call it, is about RO replications and
the high availability of RO [that  is, static] data across your cell.
 The basic idea is that static data can be copied to various servers;
in the event of the failure of one, the client will move along to
another copy located on another server.

As I said before, there is no RW replication integral in AFS.  You may
be able to mimic such a thing with hardware and scripts but I'm not
sure it's either easy to do or totally able to be automated.