[OpenAFS] which rpms for redhat elws 4.

Jason McCormick jasonmc@cert.org
Sun, 06 Mar 2005 20:51:55 -0500

At a theoretical level, I think my system would work fine.  Basically the
system I'm working on has 2 SPEC files.  One builds all of the userland AFS
pieces.  The other is for building the kernel module(s).  It takes a set of
argument to choose what kernel, where the headers are, SMP or not, arch,
etc.  This whole system is designed to be called from a wrapper script that
I only have rudimentary outlines of.  Then kernel packages will come out
something like:

openafs-kernel-1.3.79-1.1.fc3.2.6.10-1.766_FC3.smp.i686.i386.rpm

In theory, if you have source-only or a kernel-devel package installed, my
system should work just fine because you can point the config of the kernel
spec to where to find the kernel headers.  My main objectives with this
method is to provide an easy way to build just a single kernel module for
when a new kernel comes out instead of having to respin all of the AFS RPMs.

This is the system we're going to use internally and I'm hoping to pass the
code back to the AFS project if there's interest.  I can make the spec
files available sometime early this week if people are interested in seeing
them.

-- Jason

--On Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:32:24 AM -0500 Derek Atkins