[OpenAFS] HP-UX 11.23 pa-risc

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Mon, 07 Mar 2005 09:18:09 -0600

Jacob Hunt wrote:

> I was able to compile OpenAFS for hp-ux 11.23 pa-risc, I haven't had a
> chance to test it yet.

The compile is the easy part. Its the kernel extensions that will be the
problem. Did you combine the ia64_hpux1123 with the hp_ux11i? What changes
did you make?

   The question I have is about the sysname, I gave
> it the sysname of 'hp_ux1123', what would the sysname for openafs be on
> this platform?

That's upto the OpenAFS people to asign. But that sounds like a good choice.

> If this isn't really going to be an active port I guess
> I can make it whatever I want.  But if this is going to be developed I
> would like to at least start on the same page as the rest of the
> community.

I would expect that you are just the first to need this port.