[OpenAFS] Server Test of 1.3.79 under AIX 5.1

Hans-Gunther Borrmann hans-gunther.borrmann@rz.uni-freiburg.de
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 15:22:24 +0100

Hello,

I tested the server of openafs-snap-2005-03-07 under AIX 5.1:
call of configure:
CC=cc ./configure --enable-namei-fileserver \
   --enable-largefile-fileserver \
   --enable-fast-restart \
   --enable-bitmap-later \
   --enable-tivoli-tsm \
   --enable-transarc-paths \
   --disable-pam
Results:
The salvager core dumps:
Starting salvage.
Tue Mar  8 17:38:21 2005: Assertion failed! file vol-salvage.c, line 3317.
bos: salvage completed

If I replace the salvager by one compiled without
"--enable-largefile-fileserver" salvage runs but may erase the contents of
volumes! Note there are only files <2GB on the test server!

If I run a large file enabled server (all files < 2GB!) and replace the
binaries later by a version compiled  without "--enable-largefile-fileserver"
salvage also may erase the contents of volumes! So there is no save way back!

The server compiled without large file support seems to work but needs further
testing.
Hans-Gunther Borrmann <hans-gunther.borrmann@rz.uni-freiburg.de>
Rechenzentrum der Universitaet Freiburg
Hermann-Herder-Str. 10, D79104 FREIBURG