[OpenAFS] which rpms for redhat elws 4.

Jason McCormick jasonmc@cert.org
Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:29:47 -0500

--On Tuesday, March 08, 2005 06:37:42 PM -0500 Matthew Miller
<mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 08:51:55PM -0500, Jason McCormick wrote:
>> At a theoretical level, I think my system would work fine.  Basically the
>> system I'm working on has 2 SPEC files.  One builds all of the userland
>> AFS pieces.  The other is for building the kernel module(s).  It takes a
>> set of argument to choose what kernel, where the headers are, SMP or
>> not, arch, etc.  This whole system is designed to be called from a
>> wrapper script that I only have rudimentary outlines of.  Then kernel
>> packages will come out something like:
>
> This is kind of what I was thinking of too. And hey, why not make that
> wrapper script be the "main" RPM specfile itself? (With an option for just
> building the kernel modules, of course.)

Putting it all into the RPM defeats the objective of what I'm trying to
accomplish at several levels.  What I'm really aiming for is to have some
sort of text file that lists the kernels you want to build for (if you
don't want to build for the default running kernel).  Something along the
format of:

%{KERN_VERSION},%{ARCH},(%{ARCH} | ''),(${KERN_BUILD_PATH} | '')

I have, since my last e-mail, collapsed that SPEC files together to better
manage Source and Patch files.  There's a series of configuration options
one can set to control build behavior.  I'm hoping to have something put
together by the end of the week, but this week is already getting away from
me....

--
Jason McCormick <jasonmc@cert.org>
CERT Infrastructure Team