[OpenAFS] Unable to move volumes

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 23:11:00 +0100

On Mar 9, 2005, at 5:16 PM, Hans-Gunther Borrmann wrote:

> Hello
>
> I tried to move several volumes from a TRANSARC fileserver to an
> OpenAFS
> fileserver and got the following error message for two volumes (shown
> only
> for one):
>
> Starting transaction on source volume 537085440 ... done
> Cloning source volume 537085440 ... done
> Ending the transaction on the source volume 537085440 ... done
> Starting transaction on the cloned volume 537089023 ... done
> Creating the destination volume 537085440 ... done
> Dumping from clone 537089023 on source to volume 537085440 on
> destination ...Failed to move data for the volume 537085440
>    VOLSER: Problems encountered in doing the dump !
> vos move: operation interrupted, cleanup in progress...
> clear transaction contexts
> access VLDB
> move incomplete - attempt cleanup of target partition - no guarantee
> cleanup complete - user verify desired result
>
> On the destination the VolserLog contains:
> Wed Mar  9 16:52:11 2005 VAttachVolume: Failed to open
> /vicepcp/V0537085440.vl
> (errno 2)

... and you're sure there are no files left from some other operations
like your testing of the savager on your system??
because the code in IH_CREATE... is pretty straight forward.
(I just assume it's a namei fileserver)

I moved a few GiBs onto my AIX fileserver and back the last days and
never had any problems.

Horst