[OpenAFS] pam_krb5afs unable to obtain tokens

Dimitris Zilaskos dzila@tassadar.physics.auth.gr
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:51:31 +0200 (EET)

 	Hello Andres ,

> Yes, we're using it without any problems.
>
> Does your Heimdal KDC offer KRB4 services at all? Is your client software
> (especially the pam module) linked against KRB4 libraries?

  	The KDC offers k524 service only. As I figured out lately the
supplied pam module is linked against kerberos 4 libraries , also patched
to use kerberos4 for everything openafs related.

> Which pam_krb5 module are you using (we use the one from sourceforge.net)?
    I use the one supplied by SL , I have also tried compiling the
one for sourceforge but though it compiles it does not work ( it closes the
connection immediately after giviving the  password to sshd or just exits
when you log  from the console , with nothing in the logs). I do not know
how to debug this.

> > Does it also hang if you do "kinit" and "afslog" afterwards? >

 	kinit and heimdal afslog works. mit afslog does not ( looks for
/etc/krb.conf , and tries to connect to kerberos4 server)

Right now I am trying to compile my own module , based on the working one
from gentoo. Any better suggestions are welcomed

Best regards ,

Dimitris Zilaskos

Department of Physics @ Aristotle Univercity of Thessaloniki , Greece
PGP key : http://tassadar.physics.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
 	  http://egnatia.ee.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
MD5sum  : de2bd8f73d545f0e4caf3096894ad83f  pgp_public_key.asc