[OpenAFS] pam_krb5afs unable to obtain tokens

Andreas Haupt ahaupt@ifh.de
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:50:38 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Dimitris Zilaskos wrote:

> 	Hello and sorry for the OT ,
>
> 	We are running a Heimdal KDC which is also an OpenAFS 1.2 server.
> We have been using it for sometime with windows  and gentoo linux clients.
> Recently we installed Scientific Linux 3.0.4, a RHEL compatible OS. Using
> authconfig we configured it to use ldap for username lookups and kerberos for
> authentication. This part works. However when a user attemps to login via ssh
> , the login process hangs for sometime , and in the logs I see that it hangs
> at  :  pam_krb5afs: will afslog to cell `physics.auth.gr'
>
> It looks like /etc/krb.conf is being read and there is some traffic with to
> kerberos4 ports at the kdc serer that no process is listening. Removing that
> file or changing ports does not make any difference. After some
> time the user gets login , with no tokens. Running aklog works.
>
> Has anyone successfuly been using RHEL / Scientific Linux as an openafs
> client to a Heimdal KDC ?

Yes, we're using it without any problems.

Does your Heimdal KDC offer KRB4 services at all? Is your client software
(especially the pam module) linked against KRB4 libraries?

Which pam_krb5 module are you using (we use the one from sourceforge.net)?

Does it also hang if you do "kinit" and "afslog" afterwards?

Greetings
Andreas