[OpenAFS] pam_krb5afs unable to obtain tokens

Dimitris Zilaskos dzila@tassadar.physics.auth.gr
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 20:33:18 +0200 (EET)

 	Hello and sorry for the OT ,

 	We are running a Heimdal KDC which is also an OpenAFS 1.2 server.
We have been using it for sometime with windows  and gentoo linux clients.
Recently we installed Scientific Linux 3.0.4, a RHEL compatible OS. Using
authconfig we configured it to use ldap for username lookups and kerberos
for authentication. This part works. However when a user attemps to login
via ssh , the login process hangs for sometime , and in the logs I see
that it hangs at  :  pam_krb5afs: will afslog to cell `physics.auth.gr'

It looks like /etc/krb.conf is being read and there is some traffic with
to  kerberos4 ports at the kdc serer that no process is listening.
Removing that file or changing ports does not make any difference. After some
time the user gets login , with no tokens. Running aklog works.

Has anyone successfuly been using RHEL / Scientific Linux as an openafs
client to a Heimdal KDC ?

Best regards ,

Dimitris Zilaskos

Department of Physics @ Aristotle Univercity of Thessaloniki , Greece
PGP key : http://tassadar.physics.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
 	  http://egnatia.ee.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
MD5sum  : de2bd8f73d545f0e4caf3096894ad83f  pgp_public_key.asc