[OpenAFS] Please help! Error in server synchronisation

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:07:00 +0100

dom.toretto@pandora.be wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I've got two servers running AFS. Both of them are running the fileserver and database  processes. But there is a problem whenever I want to synchronize the VLDB with the vos syncvldb command.
>
> The error it shows is always the "no quorum elected"-error.
>
> I've read a lot about "no quorum elected"-errors in the archives of this mailing lists. No I've already setup one server as ntp-server and the other as client so I think it isn't the synchronisation problem of Ubik.
> Is there someone who has experience with this error, or someone who can help me.
> Big THX
>
> Greetz

Have you restarted the databse servers on the older machine after adding
the new host by "bos addhost"? If not, the old node doesn't know about
the new node.

What say "udebug node1 7003" and "udebug node2 7003"?

Hartmut