[OpenAFS] Please help! Error in server synchronisation

rogbazan rogbazan <rogbazan@gmail.com>
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:56:56 -0600

i think the problem could be the time synchronization between your
servers. Set the same time on all of your servers and try again.
I say that, because when you run udebug, none of the hosts says "i=B4m a
sync site". I normal conditions, one (and only one) must be the sync
site. I=B4d recommend you that your first dbserver be the sync site.

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:07:00 +0100, Hartmut Reuter <reuter@rzg.mpg.de> wrot=
e:
> dom.toretto@pandora.be wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I've got two servers running AFS. Both of them are running the fileserv=
er and database  processes. But there is a problem whenever I want to synch=
ronize the VLDB with the vos syncvldb command.

> > The error it shows is always the "no quorum elected"-error.
> >
> > I've read a lot about "no quorum elected"-errors in the archives of thi=
s mailing lists. No I've already setup one server as ntp-server and the oth=
er as client so I think it isn't the synchronisation problem of Ubik.