[OpenAFS] library implementing the server side of the afs protocol?

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:50:20 -0800

Hey, aside from openafs/transarc's afsd, and possibly arla, are there
any implementations of the server side of the afs protocol?

Basically I'm looking for some sort of "libafsd" that will let me
write programs that appear to be an afs server, but actually aren't.
For example, dynamically generated content, or an {nfs/smb}-to-afs
translator (the inverse of the current afs-to-{afp,nfs} translators).

In the early days, HTTP was supposed to be a protocol for retrieving
static files.  Then along came CGI, and we had dynamic content.  I'm
sort of looking for the answer to "CGI is to HTTP as _____ is to AFS".

  - a