[OpenAFS] Unable to read inode table, vicepa not salvaged

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 19:04:36 -0500

On Wednesday, March 16, 2005 01:34:20 PM -0600 "Neulinger, Nathan"
<nneul@umr.edu> wrote:

> I know I've seen this before, but I don't remember what caused it.
>
> Try stracing salvager, and see what file it's looking for just prior to
> the error about the inode table. I have a feeling one file is missing.

The file in question is the temporary file created by ListViceInodes, and
that particular message should be printed only if the file exists, has
nonzero size, and the read() reading it fails.  So indeed, the next thing
to do is run the salvager under strace, and look for the read() that
happens just before it aborts with that message.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer