[OpenAFS] Unable to read inode table, vicepa not salvaged

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists@icequake.net
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:07:48 -0600

Well, that's interesting.  I ran the salvager again under strace, then
went out to work on my car.  When I came back, the result of a
successful salvage was on my screen.  I didn't change anything, so I
have no idea why the first few tries failed and this one worked.  The
only difference that I know of was running it under strace.

Does anyone know of a good way to prevent the fileserver process being
randomly killed by the OOM killer?

Thanks,

Ryan