[OpenAFS] UID ownership

Craig Cook craig@cookitservices.com
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:28:28 -0500

I'm new to OpenAFS, so I am using the Solaris install guide closely.  I hav=
e corrected a few updates to work with Solaris and can post an update to th=
e restricted wiki if someone would like me to.

Anyway, the docs state to use a copy command with the "-p" switch, which pr=
eserves ownership.

I now have some files in /usr/vice/etc with a UID of "17985" for Solaris 8,=
 and "5663" for Solaris 9, along with some owned by root.

Does it matter what it should be?  Should root own all afs binary and confi=
g files?

Should I do something like this?

chown -R root /cdrom/<sys_version>/dest/*

Then do the full install?

I am using cfengine to check my files, so ownership matters.

Thanks

Craig Cook
--
Systems Monitoring Consulting and Support Services
http://www.cookitservices.com