[OpenAFS] AIX pthreaded fileserver -> coredump?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:08:49 -0500

On Friday, March 18, 2005 10:08:24 AM +0100 Volker Lendecke
<Volker.Lendecke@SerNet.DE> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Due to problems with a AIX pthreaded fileserver I'd like to do post-mortem
> analysis. The first problem is that I can't get it to coredump.
>
> uname -a gives:
>
> AIX myhostname 2 5 0043304C4C00
>
> The fileserver is 1.3.79, compiled with
>
>   VisualAge C++ Professional / C for AIX Compiler, Version 6
>
>   $ ./configure --enable-namei-fileserver --enable-fast-restart
> --enable-transar c-paths --enable-debug --enable-debug-lwp --disable-pam
> --with-afs-sysname=rs_ai x52
>
> Full config.log is available on request.
>
> This src/tviced/fileserver shuts down on SEGV and QUIT, but I can't find
> a core file anywhere.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

SIGQUIT isn't going to help you, because the fileserver traps that -- in
fact, it's the signal you send to tell the fileserver to shut down normally.

You should get a full core dump from SIGABRT or SIGSEGV.

-- Jeff