[OpenAFS] can not change a backup or readonly volume

rc647bob@netscape.net rc647bob@netscape.net
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:53:51 -0500

I basically see about the RO and the RW volumes.  Is my next step to put a volume on the server (I'm adding to the cell)?  If so, I have:
vos examine -id root.afs
root.afs                          53687000 RW         10 K  On-line
    main.edu /vicepa
    RWrite  536870000 ROnly  536870001 Backup  53687002
    MaxQuota       5000 K
    Creation    Fri Dec 28 13:48:13 2001
    Last Update Sun Feb  3 14:00:57 2002
    0 accesses in the past day (i.e., vnode references)

    RWrite: 536870000     ROnly: 536870001     Backup: 536870002
    number of sites -> 2
       server main.edu partition /vicepa RW Site
       server main.edu partition /vicepd RO Site
[bob@raven]~% vos listvol -server add.edu
Total number of volumes on server add.edu partition /vicepe: 0

Total volumes onLine 0 ; Total volumes offLine 0 ; Total busy 0

[bob@raven]~% klog admin
Password:
[bob@raven]~% vos create -server add.edu -partition /vicepe -cell .mycell.edu -name add-afs
vsu_ClientInit: Could not get afs tokens, running unauthenticated.
Could not get an Id for volume emodel-afs
VLDB: no permission access for call
Error in vos create command.