[OpenAFS] ProbeUuid failed for host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7001

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:03:11 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Lester Barrows wrote:

> It seems I was barking up the wrong tree with the previous error, which
> confused the issue. The ProbeUuid error may have more to do with the problem.
> Perhaps a better, more complete description (with ideally no ambiguity) is in
> order.
>
> - Occasionally when many small files are transferred quickly onto a volume,
> the server containing the volume will time out on one or more clients. These
> clients will no longer be able to access the server.
>
> - A "Connection timed out" error is shown in a terminal session on an affected
> client when attempting to access a volume from the affected server, which has
> now become inaccessable.

so tcpdump on the client and the server, and see if the client's traffic
is reaching the server (probably yes), if the server is replying (probably
also yes) and if the client sees the server's replies (probably no)