[OpenAFS] Openafs-client module fails (debian-sarge)

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Sun, 1 May 2005 16:23:47 -0700

Try 1.3.81. Make sure the /usr/src/linux directory is for the kernel you're
actually running. If theres a bzImage under there the actual kernelname
shows up in the first page of:

strings /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage | more;

The libafs modules won't load unless the running kernel and the includes are
for the same uname.

Cd /usr/vice/etc;insmod ./libafs-kernelname.ko  #if this works then make
sure that binary is named libafs.ko and is in
/lib/modules/kernelname/kernel/fs/afs directory. Then run a depmod from
/lib/afs/kernelname.

Then do a modprobe libafs to make sure.

If there are compile problems do a ./regen.sh once prior to .configure...

tedc