[OpenAFS] Openafs-client module fails (debian-sarge)

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Mon, 2 May 2005 09:01:10 -0700

Using regen.sh is the only way I can get compiles reliably across several
machines. Specifically the libafs module is where compiles are breaking.

I have no idea why but it works on SUSE 9.3.

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Russ Allbery
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 6:13 PM
To: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Openafs-client module fails (debian-sarge)

ted creedon <tcreedon@easystreet.com> writes:

> Cd /usr/vice/etc;insmod ./libafs-kernelname.ko  #if this works then
> make sure that binary is named libafs.ko and is in
> /lib/modules/kernelname/kernel/fs/afs directory. Then run a depmod
> from /lib/afs/kernelname.

> Then do a modprobe libafs to make sure.

If he uses openafs-modules-source from sarge and has a 2.4.27 kernel as he
says, that module name will be called openafs.o, not libafs.ko.

> If there are compile problems do a ./regen.sh once prior to .configure...

Shouldn't be required with openafs-modules-source.  I'm guessing the problem
will go away by installing the right version of that package and then using
make-kpkg as normal.