[OpenAFS] Currently correct info for Debian sarge OpenAFS install?

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 02 May 2005 20:19:50 -0700

Eric Bennett <eric@umbralservices.com> writes:

> I manually made CellServDB to how it has looked according to various
> umbralservices.com, not sure what made it raven, assumedly afs-newcell
> when I ran it again and it reported no errors this time, though I still
> get;

afs-newcell doesn't create /etc/openafs/server/ThisCell.  The install
script for openafs-fileserver does, based on the debconf question asked
during installation.  It does overwrite /etc/openafs/ThisCell with the new
cell that you set up, but only after everything succeeds; until then,
/etc/openafs/ThisCell is set by the install script for openafs-client,
again based on a debconf question.

> ==> /var/log/openafs/PtLog <==
> ptserver: Unknown code pt 11 (267275) Can't rebuild database because not
> running NoAuth

I'm suspicious that afs-newcell actually succeeded since it looks like
pt_util still didn't get run.  Is there anything in /var/lib/openafs/db,
in particular a prdb.DB0 file?  Was there any output from afs-newcell
related to pt_util or any other failures?