[OpenAFS] Currently correct info for Debian sarge OpenAFS install?

Eric Bennett eric@umbralservices.com
Tue, 03 May 2005 13:54:03 +1000

Saga continues, update;

I totally purged the config out of a general sense of badness
accumulated through fiddling with the newcell-afs command, reinstalled
the debian packages and edited out just the single line that echoed
 >$cell to /etc/openafs/server/CellServDB, and manually configured
CellServDB and ThisCell accordingly

CellServDB;
 >umbralservices.com # cellname
69.60.123.88 # raven

ThisCell
umbralservices.com

This was the result of the modified newcell-afs command;

raven:/usr/src/modules# afs-newcell
                            Prerequisites

In order to set up a new AFS cell, you must meet the following:

1) You need a working Kerberos realm with Kerberos4 support.  You
   should install Heimdal with Kth-kerberos compatibility or MIT
   Kerberos5.

2) You need to create the single-DES AFS key and load it into
   /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile.  If your cell's name is the same as
   your Kerberos realm then create a principal called afs.  Otherwise,
   create a principal called afs/cellname in your realm.  The cell
   name should be all lower case, unlike Kerberos realms which are all
   upper case.  You can use asetkey from the openafs-krb5 package, or
   if you used AFS3 salt to create the key, the bos addkey command.

3) This machine should have a filesystem mounted on /vicepa.  If you
   do not have a free partition, then create a large file by using dd
   to extract bytes from /dev/zero.  Create a filesystem on this file
   and mount it using -oloop.

4) You will need an administrative principal created in a Kerberos
realm.  This principal will be added to susers and
system:administrators and thus will be able to run administrative
commands.  Generally the user is a root instance of some administravie
user.  For example if jruser is an administrator then it would be
reasonable to create jruser/root and specify jruser/root as the user
to be added in this script.

5) The AFS client must not be running on this workstation.  It will be
at the end of this script.

Do you meet these requirements? [y/n] y
If the fileserver is not running, this may hang for 30 seconds.
/etc/init.d/openafs-fileserver stop
Stopping AFS Server: bos: failed to shutdown servers (communications
failure (-1))
bos: can't wait for processes to shutdown (communications failure (-1))
bosserver.
What administrative principal should be used? eric
/etc/init.d/openafs-fileserver start
Starting AFS Server: bosserver.
bos addhost raven raven -localauth ||true
bos adduser raven eric -localauth
pt_util: /var/lib/openafs/db/prdb.DB0: Bad UBIK_MAGIC. Is 0 should be 354545
Ubik Version is: 2.0
Error while creating system:administrators: Entry for id already exists
pt_util: Ubik Version number changed during execution.
Old Version = 2.0, new version = 33554432.0
bos create raven ptserver simple /usr/lib/openafs/ptserver -localauth
bos create raven vlserver simple /usr/lib/openafs/vlserver -localauth
bos create raven fs fs -cmd /usr/lib/openafs/fileserver -cmd
/usr/lib/openafs/volserver -cmd /usr/lib/openafs/salvager -localauth
Waiting for database elections: done.
vos create raven a root.afs -localauth

Could not change quota (error -1073744064), continuing...
   : No such file or directory
Failed to end the transaction on the volume root.afs 536870912
: No such file or directory
Error in vos create command.
: No such file or directory
Failed: 65280
bos shutdown raven -localauth
bos delete raven fs -localauth
bos delete raven vlserver -localauth
bos delete raven ptserver -localauth
rm /var/lib/openafs/db/prdb*
bos removeuser raven eric -localauth

Much further along than previously, though still not there, any ideas?

Regards
Eric