[OpenAFS] OpenAFS-client Module Fails (Debian-Sarge)!!!

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 03 May 2005 08:52:52 -0700

dom toretto <dom.toretto@pandora.be> writes:

> I did the same, downloaded kernel source and make-kpkg my own modules.
> But when I do an dpkg -i openafs-modules-...Custom.deb, i get an error:

> depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.27-2-386/fs/openafs.mp.o
> depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.27-2-386/fs/openafs.o

openafs-modules-source only builds one module, not two, and it doesn't put
.mp in the name.  You have a stray module left over from something else.

I would start by removing all openafs kernel module packages that you have
installed and then redoing the make-kpkg step, making sure that you're
building the module against the exact same source tree that was used to
build the kernel.  (If you're using the Debian pre-built kernels, you need
to install the appropriate kernel-tree package to get the source tree.)